Saturday, September 20, 2008

What up, skinny bitches?

I've been so sick in the last 36 hours, that there's not much to tell here. Been sleeping, coughing, drinking water, and sleeping. No food since the party. Don't even have the energy to weigh myself. Ugh.

But I wanted to send a shout-out to one of the commenters. anonymous said:
i have been trying to starve myself for AGES but watever happens after 3 days i have to binge!!!! so i end up putting on most of the weight i lost.
tsk, tsk, tsk... This is not a weight-loss plan, honey. This is a lifestyle. What you're doing is crash dieting. If you're serious about weight-loss, you have to find something you can stick with for a lifetime. Set yourself some long-term achievable goals, and then "slow and steady wins the race." Try eating about 1200 calories a day and exercising moderately 3-5 times a week.

At least that's what "the experts" say. To the rest of my skinny-minnies, starve on.

5 comments:

belle svelte said...

feel better...but as horrible as this may sound, i always found that getting sick jump started my weight loss. there's always a silver lining somewhere =).

none-the-less, feel better.

hey.hana said...

I'm starting my first fast today and am super excited! I don't know, all the things I read online say it'll clear out all my toxins and is so good for me blah blah blah but you don't seem to be a fan...
Is it just because your weight plateaued (sp?) or whatever? Slash if I just do five days with some juice ((so I don't kill myself with all the shit in my bloodstream)) and five with just water and then go back to restricting ((maybe I'll try your 438 :])) how effective might that be?

Oh who cares I'm doing it anyway.

Ooh! It's 9:14, I've been up for about an hour and the first hunger pains have settled in! Ordinarily I would attempt to sate them a bit with a fourth cup of cereal, but not today!

All right I should stop being so excited and start going to school or something... ha ha ha.

K girl I hope to get some positive motivation from you, since my only support comes from the net ((just like everyone else, I know))

Thanks for being here btw.

Peace,
hana

Alex said...

Good advice. Just beginning with starving is asking for a binge. You need to begin restructing at first to understand your body, when it gets hungry, when it craves, what your weaknesses are, etc., then you can build an effective plan, whether it's 1000 cals or 200 a day ... it's all about pesonalizing it.

Anonymous said...

I love all the comments on this post!
I fully agree with what everyone is saying about starting out. I sort of fell into the pattern by accident just eating smaller portions and stuff, and then starting to get more into it.
btw love the thinspration keep it up!
-LooksOnly

lowenzahn said...

Yeah I've just sort ot fallen into it. I used to be a model in the UK and had an intervention myself when I was too thin, but it never left me. I went to "rehab" in Indonesia and it never left me. I lost all the eating habits but Ana stayed with me.

I don't know whether this is helping me at all, but I have coffee with soy and it keeps me going. I also use those diet shakes. I'm sure they're just full of sugar but it definately keeps the cravings away. I keep a packet of miso soup with me incase I'm forced to eat around someone.

Started getting back into modelling a couple weeks ago and have people noticing I'm much larger than last time I worked with them although friends have noticed a weight loss. The first time someone says you're looking so good is such a good feeling.

I'm with you all.