Sunday, October 7, 2007

Day 7 of 34, late morning.

Today is the first day my weight has plateaued. I'm ok with that though. I've lost 7 lbs in the first week, which is huge. I plan to lose a total of at least 16 lbs by the end of the 34-days, so this is a good jump start. To stay on track, I only need to lose 2 more by next Saturday, so I'm not worried... yet.

I know that because my metabolism is slowing down, the energy is waning and the weight loss is going to slow down too. This is something I didn't account for on the last long fast, a lesson hard learned. The disappointment caused me to slip up before the entire fast was done -- a mistake I DO NOT intend to repeat!

I got a weird compliment at the party the other night. Some guy did a double take of me and said, "Wow! You've lost like mega lbs!" and his wife hit him. I don't know if she hit him because he complimented another woman (although we're all friends, it didn't seem like a problem), or because that implies that before I lost the weight I was REALLY fat!

Truth is, I'm not any lighter than the last time he saw me a few months ago... in fact I'm actually slightly HEAVIER now. Go figure...

Today is day 2 of the first 3-day fast. I was really looking forward to this one, and so far it's going REALLY well. I only was tempted by food a few times yesterday, and managed to press through by keeping myself busy with other activities and finally sipping on some coffee. My stomach didn't actually start making noise until late last night, and then I think it was more digesting the pure liquid rather than begging for food. My stomach must have shrunk quite a bit by now, so the hunger is not hitting as hard.

But the next 36 hours are SOOOOO crucial. The first day is always easy for me, especially since this is my third "first day" this week. It's a cinch. But the end of day 2 and all of day 3 are going to be tough, I think. But I'm actually really excited and looking forward to it! I think, "Bring on the challenge!" because I want to prove to everyone, including myself, that I can do it.

And if I can make it three days without eating, then the next time I'll make it five, and then another fiver after that, followed by a seven and a four and that's it to the end of the fast - and my big photo shoot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had that happen. Your features are probably starting to look a bit gaunt. I remember the thrill of people thinking I'd lost weight overnight when, really, I'd just gone without for a few days. I was usually only a pound or two lighter, if any.

I wanted to ask you about the salt water flush...is the taste terribly unpleasant? I really want to try it, but I'm afraid it'll gag me and I won't be able to get all of it down.