Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Something's wrong. I think after a week and a half of liquid fasting, I think my metabolism has not only slowed down, but it has come to a screeching halt and been thrown into reverse. Today I am UP a pound to 127.

What the hell is going on? I can't get my heart rate up, and I don't have the energy to try anyhow. I'm consuming less than 300 calories per day of pure liquid, mainly juice, and somehow I'm GAINING weight??

This is not permissible. So this morning, I am beginning to eat again. God help me, I don't want to. I put a bowl of oatmeal with fat-free milk (190 calories) in the microwave. Luckily, about half of it spilled out of the bowl during the warming process, so that's half of it I didn't ingest. (I'm still counting it as about 115 calories.)

I feel MUCH re-energized having gotten some fiber in me and some fuel. I'm doing laundry this morning while the machines are available and working up some computer paperwork. I can't go to the gym til the laundry is done because I'm all out of workout clothes. (It's ok, the gym's open til 10 pm.)

I think I'll head across the street and get a cheap coffee this morning. Also have plans to eat one more banana this afternoon, maybe treat myself to a Venti starbucks later if I earn it at the gym.

I've got to do SOMETHING to get my metabolism running again. Gaining weight when I'm eating so little that I can hardly MOVE is ridiculous. It's stupid.

God, I hate this disease.

No comments: