Monday, July 16, 2007

A glitch: The "fast to reach 122" is no longer open-ended. I have a MAJOR audition on Thursday, for which I'm going to have to eat for some energy. There's no way I can muscle my way thru this audition after five days of 300-liquid-calories fasting.

~~Please PLEASE, Lord, let me have reached 122 by Thursday morning so that I won't feel guilty about eating that day.~~

That's four pounds, 2 days, and 14 hours away.

~~Lord, grant me higher strength and endurance at the gym.~~

Today I muddled through 1009 calories and a little over 10 miles at the gym. But it's starting to feel like I'm cheating, like I can't get my heart rate up to save my life. I'm beginning to wonder how much the machines exaggerate on those calorie-counts??? Does "slow and steady" really win the race?

122 by Thursday morning....
122 by Thursday morning....
122 by Thursday morning....

Six hours left of tonight, and no calories left to consume. What to do? What to do? Roommates are downstairs cooking up something that smells mighty yummy. Was thinking about eating about an hour ago, but I'm pushing through that now.

Stay home, rest up and watch a movie? Probably won't burn ANY more calories. Go out to the bookstore and try to outwit the temptation of coffee? Might burn a few more, but after three days without coffee I don't think I could hold myself back, seriously.

Jeez, I wish the gym wasn't so boring. Maybe that's why I can't get my heart rate up: the thrill is gone. :::sigh:::

No comments: