Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Day TWO of the great 34-day fast.

Now that the worst is over, the hunger pains have subsided! Or maybe it's the fact that I got in a GREAT workout tonight. I wasn't thinking about food, I was concentrating on just keeping going - my job depends on it. Either way, right now my hormones or something has got me flying!!!

I got my veggie burger (90 cals) right at noon, which was perfect. I went to my audition this afternoon and it was real easy. It felt great having a practically empty stomach... it made my outfit feel like it fit really well. Oh - an empty stomach feels soooooooo good!!!!

And by the way... the veggie burger tasted ok, but afterwards I had the taste lingering in my mouth. So I used some of my Crest mouthwash to rinse it out, and the aftertaste that stuff left was WRETCHED! It was like soap or chemicals - blech! So I drank like a liter of water within the next hour just trying to get rid of that aftertaste. Ugh... makes me NOT want to eat again anytime soon...

After the audition, I had about an hour before I was due to show up at my workout gig tonight, so I stopped over at Starbucks. I was feeling a little run down, but luckily a Venti Sugar-free Cinnamon Dolce Latte is only 160 cals (with non-fat milk and no whip cream), plus it's all liquid, and coffee is a laxative, so I decided to take that on for this gig.

Altogether, that still keeps my daily calorie count at 250. ;)

Then I went and worked out for two solid hours. They made us go at a leisurely pace. We're models afterall, so they didn't want us getting "too sweaty or out of breath." Still, I managed a half-hour on the treadmill, a half-hour on the elliptical, a half-hour on the stationery bike, and a half-hour of weightlifting. Most of the machines calculate how many calories you're burning, and I got all 250 cals out on the treadmill and elliptical alone!

And I got good news! The other guy who was there to workout with me is a personal trainer. He says it's actually BETTER (for weight loss results) to do your cardio workout at a lower pace for a longer time.

A quick, fast-paced cardio workout will make your heart stronger, but takes a lot of energy, and people who workout like this usually require a lot of carbs. People who do slow, extended workouts tend to require less energy, and can deal with less food.

What a revelation! Ok, so I've been so crazy busy every day since I moved here that I haven't yet joined the gym. But starting tomorrow, guess where I'll be!? Ha ha!

Don't know why I feel so great right now. It's gotta be the caffeine that still hasn't worn off. I feel like I could go another 2 miles for the next hour. Burn off even more.

But tonight at 8 pm, the first day of the next 2-day juice fast begins. No more eating or drinking (except water) until 8 am tomorrow. Then, only juice for the next 2 days.

This time, I'm actually looking forward to it! I think I'll have one bottle of juice in the morning, a long, leisurely workout all day, and then the other bottle of juice when I get home, followed by a nice cold shower and a good night's rest.

Thank God the worst pain is over and now I can ENJOY this fast and all it's benefits!!!

No comments: