Monday, June 25, 2007

Day 8 of the great 34-day fast. Afternoon.

I'm fucking FREEZING. I can't tell anymore if it's the weather (it's 72 degrees outside) or if it's just the lack of food.

Just did my first saltwater flush, and now I'm thirsty and freezing! Drank the quart of water in 4 cups. The first cup was great, might as well have been sipping chicken noodle soup broth. The second cup was ok, but after a week of not eating, the fullness was upsetting. The third cup was starting to make me nauseous, and I forced down the fourth cup just to get it in within the half-hour.

I laid down on my right side for a half-hour, as prescribed, and read a book for distraction. Like clockwork, at 1 hour after the first sip, I noticed a need for the toilet. I sat there for 45-minutes spewing all the waste I have left after a week of fasting. And now I'm so cold!!! Immediately I was thirsty - guess I still had that salty taste in my mouth and I needed desperately to rinse it out. So I've had my juice for the day. Took me less than 10 minutes to slog down 3 cups of diluted pomegranate/cranberry juice.

I would like to go to the gym later today, so I hope the toilet duties will be done here within the next hour or so. My body aches from shivering so hard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my godd. i love you, theres no denying the inspiration you've given me. have one question, do you not eat at all or just small portions? because ive found that a small piece of bread doesnt do anything to image, but helps keep your energy up. just a slight slip though.