Sunday, June 24, 2007

Day 7 of the great 34-day fast. Afternoon.

Just finished up a FABULOUS four-and-a-half-hour cardio blast workout at the gym! Huzzah! Goodbye sushi binge! And all I've had today is water, water, and more water. And it's going to stay that way until at least 8 am tomorrow morning, when I'll only allow myself 1 serving of juice all day.

Maybe it's last night's calories still lingering, but I haven't felt hungry at all today. It could also be from the distraction of working out. I wish I knew more about how ketones work... I woke up and didn't even think about eating. I spent about an hour just moving around my room, getting little stuff taken care of all morning. Then, I got dressed for the gym, went downstairs, brushed my teeth, grabbed my water, and headed out.

I was alternating from the treadmill to the elliptical every half-hour. The first hour I watched the William & Harry interview with Matt Lauer - great distraction, yummy hunks with tragic stories. Then for the next two hours I caught a marathon of Simple Life Goes to Camp - yay, thinspiration! Omigod - I nearly threw up when those obese people came jello-plopping off the bus. :::shiver:::

About ten minutes into my seventh half-hour, one of the gym's trainers hopped up on the treadmill next to me and said, "Wow! You are doing some marathon training, aren't you?" I looked at her like I didn't have a clue what she was talking about... Lord help me if they catch me and kick me out for what I'm doing. I plan to do this a lot. I told her no, I'd only been here for about an hour - thank God I'm an actress. "Oh, well, there must have been someone else dressed just like you..." She looked confused enough to be second-guessing herself and I sighed with relief. Discovery averted.

Another 90-minutes later, I felt completely satisfied that I had burned off more calories today than I had consumed last night. I realize that, because of the time difference, the one does not exactly negate the other. All I want is to be thinner tomorrow than I was yesterday (before the binge). Which is thinspiration enough to keep me on target today.

I find it strange that I'm not even a little bit hungry. I thought if you broke a fast (especially with a binge) that the first day BACK to fasting would be as hard as the first day you started fasting. But that hasn't turned out to be the case. Thank God.

And I'm surprised I'm not more exhausted. I'm thinking I might get cleaned up and head out to the bookstore. I've been wanting to check out "Wasted" by Marya Hornbacher and "Best Little Girl..." I've always heard about these books, but I'm always so reluctant to jump on the bandwagon. But now I feel like I have loads of time to spare....

I'll probably also go out and get next week's menu: one 100-cal yogurt and one serving of vegetables (150 cals or less). Being dirt-poor, I'm gonna stick to the two fruit juices I have until I finish them, one serving at a time. Blech. I'm already bored... maybe I'll look for some single serving V8's just for the sake of fucking VARIETY.

Alrighty, off to the bookstore before it closes. Toodaloo!

1 comment:

hey.hana said...

yeah boy, i ADORE my single serving 30 cal low sodium v8. It's so small, yet it lasts so long...

Since you haven't posted in AGES ((although I'm open to the possibility that something is wrong.. I'm actually almost worried)) I decided to go through from the beginning. great stuff, btw. You're a great writer!

xo Hana