Friday, June 29, 2007

Day 12 of the great 34-day fast. Afternoon

One-third of the way through, and I've lost six of the anticipated 16 pounds. Barely ahead of the curve.

I only lost 1.5 pounds this morning, instead of the two I was aiming for, so as much as I wanted a day off from the gym, I think I'm going back for another torturous four-hour session of straight cardio. I'm going to try to burn 1500 calories today.

Yesterday's plan of action filled up my day pretty well, kept me on track with eating. Today my body is still begging for a day off from the gym. I am sorry I cannot oblige. But I can alter the routine a bit to give it a long rest after yesterday.

Today:
- sleep til 10 or 11; if I wake up too early, read in bed until early afternoon
- before the rumbling hunger gets too bad, one bottle of juice - sip it
- finish the post about preparing for 4th of July to the fasting group
- do some research on what desserts I'm going to fry up for my own party next week
- make a shopping list for me, a separate shopping list for desserts
- if hunger returns before I can leave the house, one pickle spear and 1 coke zero
- go food shopping
- bring food items home, pack for the gym
- take book to starbucks and enjoy my daily latte
- kick ass for four hours (or 1500 calories) at the gym (whichever comes first)
- home, recovery reward: 1/2 cup Rice Krispies, 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- shower, get ready for bed
- blog til I get tired, sipping flavored water for the day

So far this afternoon... 140 calories in, 248 left to go. Off to the shopping, Starbucks, and the gym.

No comments: