Monday, May 14, 2007

Bits and reminders

Today's rambling thoughts have no real through line, connection, or whatever. They're just random and dumb.
.................................................................................

Whenever I see these exercise magazines filled with pictures of the world's fittest women showing off their figures in little tiny bikinis that just barely cover their no-no's, I immediately scan all the stats. Anyone who's 5'4" like me, I see how much they weigh, so I know how far off I am.

Today I found a woman who's 5'4" and 111 lbs. This is (according to "standards") supposed to be "too thin."

111 lbs is TOO thin??? Give me a break. Then why are you featuring her displaying 90% of her skin in a magazine about women who are supposed to be FIT?
.........................................................................

Just a thought: when I'm feeling down and I need a bit of an energy boost, I run outside on the grass and do a few handstands. If I can't balance my feet in the air, then I lean up against a wall. It's a quick blast to your blood pressure, and makes your heart go faster, when you're upside-down.

No comments: